WWE has clarified the rules for its upcoming draft beginning tomorrow night on SmackDown.
The WWE draft rules are as follows:
- More than seventy Superstars, including Tag Teams, have been placed into this year’s Draft pool
- Thirty Superstars will be eligible to be drafted tomorrow night, while forty-one Superstars will be eligible on Monday Night
- For every two SmackDown picks, Raw will get three (since Friday Night SmackDown is a two-hour show and Monday Night Raw is a three-hour show)
- Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick one Superstar from the team
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing
WWE also confirmed FOX and NBCUniversal personalities who will Draft make appearances.
This includes FOX personalities like Alex Rodriguez, Troy Aikman, Jim Cramer, Joe Buck, Frank Thomas, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart , Charissa Thompson, Michael Vick, and more. Repping NBCUniversal will be Michael Che and Colin Jost, Christian Slater, Dulé Hill and James Roday from Psych, Marcus Lemonis from The Profit, Margaret Josephs and Melissa Gorga from Real Housewives of New Jersey and more.
The press release also explains that “For the first time, executives from FOX and USA Network have direct influence over the WWE Draft as it will determine the Superstars competing for either Raw or SmackDown.”
The WWE Draft begins tomorrow night at 8pm ET on SmackDown, then continues next week on Raw.