WWE Says SmackDown in Detroit is NOT Cancelled, But Coronavirus Contingency Plan Being Worked Out

wwe friday night smackdown moved relocated wwe performance center coronavirus

WWE has released a statement in regards to rumors of SmackDown being relocated to the WWE Performance Center this week. 

WWE released the following statement to Pro Wrestling Sheet:

“WWE has not cancelled Friday Night SmackDown in Detroit, however, based on the current situation, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that upcoming WWE shows are cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues.”

According to sources, there have been discussions this evening regarding running the show from the Performance Center as rumored – similar to tonight’s episode of NXT which was done at the facility for different reasons – and the move could certainly still happen.

However, the decision has not been finalized as of this writing. 

As we previously reported, Tampa city officials will meet with the mayor tomorrow to further discuss what should be done in regards to WrestleMania next month … but they’re hopeful the event will still take place.

The coronavirus’ affect on entertainment and sports has been felt in a big way throughout the past few days, including tonight after the NBA announced their season is being suspended due to a player testing positive for coronavirus. In addition to that, President Trump has suspended all travel from Europe to the United States for the next thirty days.

In case you missed it, WWE has already announced John Cena is scheduled to appear on SmackDown this week to further his program with “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt.

Be the first to comment on "WWE Says SmackDown in Detroit is NOT Cancelled, But Coronavirus Contingency Plan Being Worked Out"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.