Shane Helms and more producers have reportedly been furloughed from the company following Wednesday’s announcement of a “headcount reduction” in WWE.
As we previously reported, Vince McMahon told talent and employees this morning that cuts would be coming due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the company.
According to PWInsider … Lance Storm, Billy Kidman, Mike Rotunda, Dave Finlay, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong and Sarah Stock are also gone from the company for now.
“To everyone on Gods green earth. Thank you for the kind words,” Finlay tweeted. “I’ve been doing this for 46 years(Wrestling)I pray you all get through this and we can share a hug and drink again. Stay healthy.”
Rotunda’s release comes just hours after appearing on “The Bump” this morning as IRS.
This follows the release of Lio Rush, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, EC3, Drake Maverick, Curt Hawkins, Eric Young and Heath Slater.
Helms confirmed the news via social media by making a reference to JTG’s infamous line upon his release from WWE (seen below).
EDITORS NOTE: The first version of this article said the producers had been let go or released from the company. We have since been told they were furloughed.
I knew I shouldn’t have answered that call. 😁🤷🏻♂️
— Hurricane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) April 15, 2020