A tournament began during the latest set of NXT TV tapings featuring eight wrestlers all making their debuts on the show.
According to those in attendance, General Manager William Regal announced the NXT Breakout Tournament in a video and said the winner will receive a title shot of their choosing.
The tournament participants are as follows:
- Jordan Myles, formerly known as ACH
- Boa, who signed with WWE in 2016 with other Chinese prospects
- Isiah “Swerve” Scott, aka Shane Strickland
- Cameron Grimes, better known as Trevor Lee
- Bronson Reed, aka Jonah Rock
- Dexter Lumis, who is former Impact wrestler Samuel Shaw
- Angel Garza, formerly known as Garza Jr.
- Joaquin Wilde, who is former Impact star DJZ
As we previously reported, many of these new names were made official over the past month.
Sound off in the comments below and tell us which debut you’re most excited to see.