The full card has been announced for NJPW‘s Strong Style Evolved event in Long Beach this weekend and Rey Mysterio is no longer wrestling.
Mysterio had previously been scheduled to face-off against Jushin Liger, but it was announced at a press conference today that Will Ospreay will be taking the injured wrestler’s place.
For those unaware … Rey injured his bicep earlier this month, which was the reason given by NJPW for his absence. As we previously reported, Mysterio has been in talks with WWE about a new contract. According to PWInsider, the wrestler will be traveling this week to Birmingham, Alabama to get checked out by WWE doctors in advance of possibly signing.
The full card for Strong Style Evolved is as follows:
- Roppongi 3k and Rocky Romero vs. SoCal Uncensored
- David Finlay and Juice Robinson vs. Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI
- Toru Yano and Chuckie T vs. Killer Elite Squad
- Guerrillas Of Destiny vs. Marty Scurll and Cody
- Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dragon Lee and KUSHIDA vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, SANADA and Hiromu Takahashi)
- Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Will Ospreay
- Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match: (C) Jay White vs. Hangman Page
- Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi vs. The Young Bucks
The event is scheduled to air on AXS TV on Sunday at 8pm, as well as NJPW World.