Mauro Ranallo Set to Return to NXT Commentary Following Brief Hiatus

mauro ranallo wwe nxt survivor series return to work corey graves tweets

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Mauro Ranallo has informed WWE officials that he’ll be returning to work this week on NXT. 

Sources tell us Ranallo is scheduled to be on commentary as usual Wednesday night alongside Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuinness on USA Network.

As we previously reported, Mauro was booked to call a few matches at Survivor Series. The announcer left the arena before the show, however, allegedly due to being upset over Corey Graves criticizing his commentary via Twitter during NXT TakeOver: WarGames.

During Survivor Series, it was said Mauro blew out his voice as a cover for his absence.

Corey Graves later apologized to Ranallo on his podcast “After the Bell.” Sources tell us the announcer wrote the tweets to play into the brand warfare element of Survivor Series and planned to bring them up on commentary the following night when he and Mauro were calling a match together.

“This past Saturday, during the ‘Takeover: WarGames’ event, I sent out a tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show,” Graves said on his podcast. “It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things, and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody. That was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply.”

Adding, “That was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody undue stress, especially a co-worker. So, I apologize.”

As of this writing, Mauro has yet to return to social media after deactivating his accounts.