Hulk Hogan is scheduled to attend tonight’s premiere of the HBO documentary on Andre the Giant, but a rep for WWE says it does NOT mean Hulkster is being rehired.
The movie will be screened for the first time this evening in Los Angeles and Hulk is heavily featured in the doc, which WWE was involved in making with Bill Simmons.
A rep for WWE tell us, “Hulk Hogan is an important part of Andre the Giant’s history, however his appearance at tonight’s HBO premiere of the documentary and his plans to help others learn from his mistakes does not mean WWE is rehiring him.”
The statement also says, “Hogan is not scheduled to be at any upcoming WWE events.”
As we previously reported, PWInsider claims the two sides have been in talks about a possible return and WWE confirmed they’ve had discussions. This new statement seems to imply that it was Hogan who initiated the discussion about moving forward though and nothing has been set in stone.
Stay tuned, brothers.
Hulk Hogan at the premiere of Andre the Giant’s HBO documentary. pic.twitter.com/Tz0lYwk812
— Pro Wrestling Sheet (@WrestlingSheet) March 30, 2018