Natalya and Alexa Bliss were flown to Saudi Arabia for WWE’s upcoming Super ShowDown event, and we’re told it’s because there’s hope they’ll be allowed to wrestle.
According to sources … WWE officials have been going back and forth with the Saudi General Sports Authority for the past few months trying to get a women’s match approved.
While WWE hasn’t received an official green light, we’re told the two female wrestlers were flown to Jeddah with the hopes that it will be given before the show on Friday.
As you may recall, Natalya recently stated in an interview that she’d love the opportunity to make history by wrestling in Saudi Arabia.
Renee Young, who called the Crown Jewel event in November, will also be in attendance.
The following matches have been confirmed for Friday’s Super ShowDown event:
- Undertaker vs. Goldberg
- Triple H vs. Randy Orton
- IC Title Match: Andrade vs. Finn Balor
- Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman
- Lars Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party
- Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
- WWE Championship match: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- WWE Universal Championship match: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 50-man Battle Royal
Will you be watching the show? Tell us in the comments below.