Independent wrestler David Starr published a scathing promo yesterday about ROH and Sinclair Broadcasting … and now he’s taken it down due to pressure from management.
As we previously reported, Starr referred to the wrestling promotion and its parent company in the video as a corporate propaganda machine while promoting his upcoming title match against Jay Lethal in Israel.
Starr pulled the video from Twitter on Wednesday morning, however, and posted a statement saying he was asked by “the powers that be” to delete the clip.
“Last night, I posted a promo for my historic championship match on April 21st against Ring of Honor Champion Jay Lethal in Netanya, Israel for Israeli Pro Wrestling Association,” he wrote. “I have been asked by the powers that be to remove said promo.”
“Out of respect to IPWA, who have already paid for Jay’s very expensive flight & accommodation, I will comply,” David continued. “My complying with this request is not an admission of wrongdoing or a retraction. I stand by my entire statement and do not regret any of my actions regarding this subject.”
According to sources, ROH management weren’t thrilled with Starr criticizing the company’s politics and it was implied Lethal would be pulled from the event if the video wasn’t taken down. We’re told David obliged so IPWA wouldn’t lose out on a lot of money.
Watch the controversial promo below.