WWE has confirmed the release of Cody Rhodes … and not long after, the wrestler put out a lengthy statement admitting he was extremely unhappy with his current role in the company.
The company statement says,”WWE has come to terms on the release of Cody Rhodes as of today, May 22, 2016. WWE wishes Rhodes the best in all his future endeavors.”
As we previously reported, Rhodes tweeted about requesting his release Saturday saying, “The past ten years have been quite the trek, but as of earlier today I have asked for my release from WWE.”
After WWE made things official, Cody tweeted his reasoning — strongly stating, “I felt like I had a bag of those brass-rings and when it came time for me to cash them in, I find I can’t do so.”
Cody says for the past 6 months he’s been pleading with creative — as well as Vince McMahon and Triple H — to drop the Stardust gimmick and allow him to be Rhodes on TV again, but they’d say no.
Rhodes details the experience … claiming, “both ‘head writers’ of RAW and SmackDown (one pretending to be Brian Gewirtz and the other too busy hitting on developmental divas) continued to not return my pitches or emails, and in face-to-face encounters tried to big league me by pretending to be on their clearly powered off laptops … barely willing to listen to an idea I considered beneficial to more than one talent.”
The full statement, which hints he’s already been offered an acting role, can be FOUND HERE.