Chris Jericho is returning to the announce desk next week for night one of AEW Fyter Fest.
Tony Khan revealed the news on AEW’s Unrestricted podcast while discussing the Private Party vs. Santana and Ortiz match set for night one of the event.
“It’s going to be interesting because Chris Jericho now will be on commentary for this show, whereas Matt Hardy is going to be at ringside. So you have both teams really advised by all-time legends,” Khan said. “Not just all-time legends in the wrestling business, but also two of the great tag team wrestlers of all-time. All of the great tag teams Chris Jericho has been in and obviously Matt Hardy is a Mt. Rushmore tag team wrestler.”
After his commentary appearance on night one, Jericho is scheduled to take on Orange Cassidy the following week during night two of Fyter Fest.
The full card for both nights of Fyter Fest on TNT is as follows:
Night One (July 1):
- AEW TNT Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Jake Hager
- AEW World Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega and Hangman Page (c) vs. Best Friends
- AEW Women’s Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Penelope Ford
- MJF and Wardlow vs. Jurassic Express
- Private Party vs. Santana & Ortiz
Night Two (July 8):
- AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brian Cage
- Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho
- FTR and The Young Bucks vs. Butcher and The Blade & the Lucha Bros
- Lance Archer vs. Joey Janela
- SCU vs. Brodie Lee, Stu Grayson and Colt Cabana