Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy NOT Re-Signing With Impact … Brothers Felt Dissed During Negotiations

broken matt jeff hardy tna impact wrestling not signing new deals dissed

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy will NOT be signing new deals with Impact Wrestling … and it’s because they felt disrespected during contract talks.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the Hardy Boyz agreed to terms on a new deal back in December, but needed a few minor changes, and were simply waiting for the finalized offer.

We’re told the deal was supposed to be for 1-year in length. Weeks and weeks passed, with Matt constantly checking in, but they were consistently given the run around.

Eventually Matt and Jeff’s lawyer told Impact Wrestling officials that they wanted a creative control clause in their new deals … which was shot down immediately. One source says their lawyer told Ed Nordholm there was interest from other companies and he responded by saying, “Well, tell them to go to WWE then.”

This set Jeff Hardy off, who at that point said he was no longer interested in re-signing. Matt continued talks, but when they sent a new contract last week it was now a 2-year deal and terms had been snuck in which stated they’d receive 10% of all his profits outside of Impact.

Matt’s lawyer said he’d be a fool to sign, so he informed the company he wasn’t interested in doing so — but would still come to the tapings to write off his characters. However, he was told he was crazy to think they’d want him on TV without a contact.

We’re told Impact officials are currently trying to get their tag titles back.

12 Comments on "Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy NOT Re-Signing With Impact … Brothers Felt Dissed During Negotiations"

  1. Spenser Duke Blevins | February 27, 2017 at 2:28 pm | Reply

    Lol, broken Hardys should do Indy shows with the Impactful titles Nonstpable Action Totality until Mania a

  2. This is ALL a work.

  3. I could see them fare well in the indies, they could keep building their characters with some self-produced web show like Jeff already does from time to time. Also, I think they might have to tweak their characters a bit for the purpose of non-televised hijinks, but they could fare well in ROH too.

    If they do accept an offer from WWE though, the Broken Hardys’ gimmick would die, along with any project they might have had for the direction of their characters. There’s simply no way they can keep creative control in the big E’s machine. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to this, while I felt their shenanigans to be a bit too much sometimes, they do not deserve to become just a nostalgia act lost in WWE’s tag team wasteland.

  4. Royale with Crowne | February 28, 2017 at 11:04 am | Reply

    Anthem is no better at running this company than Dixie was. Treating the two guys who saved the brand this way is so unbelievably idiotic, I lack any other capable words to describe it.

  5. Professor Richard Togo | March 1, 2017 at 12:19 pm | Reply

    This article is written with total speculation. I find it so hard to believe that the new guy on the block from Anthem would even have the balls to say ‘well let them go to WWE then.” upon being asked for creative control. THEY ALREADY HAVE CREATIVE CONTROL!

    Plus nice f’n journalism “felt dissed” makes for professional writing. Wankers.

    • The Hardy’s contract expired this week. Their new deal would make them lose Creative Control and Give 10% of Independent Bookings to Impact Wrestling. They said no to it, and are now moving on.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.