WWE’s new Executive Director of SmackDown says he’ll attend his first WWE production meeting this week now that he’s moved to Stamford.
On the latest episode of Bischoff’s podcast 83 Weeks, Eric explained:
“[My start] was never supposed to be before July 22nd. I made that really clear. That was the understanding across the boards, but nonetheless it was reported across the boards early on by dirt sheet scumbags not to be named here, and it was reported wrong. Anything that’s been written and reported so far has been wrong in terms of what my role actually is and when it will be and what my start date will be.”
“This is such a big job, that there’s no way me, or anybody else, is going to walk in and take control of anything … immediately. It’s going to be a process, and in my case it’s going to be a long process because it is a very big job.”
“It’s a process and my process is going to begin, really — it started a little bit this week in terms of my integration into the process — but it’ll start becoming even more tangible on Tuesday, which will be the first time I’ve even attended a production meeting. And, like I say, over a period of time it’ll evolve and change beyond that.”
As we previously reported, both Bischoff and Paul Heyman (WWE’s Executive Director of Raw) will still be answering to Vince McMahon for the time being.
Bischoff also says his first week back in WWE was “more orientation” and involved meeting different department heads to understand the resources he’ll have at his disposal.
Listen to this week’s episode of 83 Weeks about the WWE Invasion below.