WWE has given out Slammy Awards for the first time in five years in a special COVID-conscious ceremony which aired on the WWE Network.
It all went down on Wednesday morning when the event’s host R-Truth arrived at the venue expecting to be greeted by paparazzi. But we’re in the midst of global pandemic so of course, Truth wasn’t greeted by anyone when he exited his limo.
“The show must go on,” Truth proclaimed as he officially kicked off the proceedings.
Here’s a list of the winners:
- Best Male Superstar of the Year was won by WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, who was presented his award by Shawn Michaels
- Best Ring Gear of the Year was presented to The New Day by Snooki from Jersey Shore
- The Return of the Year award was presented by Mick Foley and won by Edge … obviously
- Method Man presented the award for Best Musical Performance of the Year to Elias
- The Bachelor star Demi Burnett gave the Rivalry of the Year award to Edge and Randy Orton
- Female Superstar of the Year was won by “The Boss” Sasha Banks, who received her trophy from WWE legend Trish Stratus
- The Street Profits were presented the Breakout Superstar of the Year award by YouTuber Derek Baker
A collection of secondary awards were given out by the hosts of The Bump, the winners were as follows:
- Male Trash Talker of the Year – The Hurt Business
- Female Trash Talker of the Year – Lacey Evans
- Best Social Media Superstar – Bayley
- Double-Cross the Year – Bayley turns on Sasha
- Best WWE Network Documentary of the Year – Undertaker: The Last Ride
- Moment of the year (presented by Ken Jeong) – The Undertaker’s Final Farewell
You can watch the entire ceremony in the video below