Former TNA Wrestling star James Storm has yet to sign a deal with NXT — despite wrestling at their show Thursday — and Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned his former employer wants to lock him down before it can happen.
Sources close to the situation tell us TNA offered Storm a new deal last week — with a big pay increase — but while mulling it over, the wrestler decided to visit with friends at the NXT Nashville show.
Much to his surprise, we’re told James Storm was offered a ticket to Orlando for NXT TakeOver: Respect to further discuss working together in the future after talking with WWE officials at the show.
Our sources tell us WWE officials want Storm to sign a deal similar to Samoa Joe’s initial contract … but no agreement for further work was signed before, or after, his debut NXT match. Company officials did however indicate that he’d be wanted at the next set of tapings.
TNA execs reached out to Storm Thursday morning after reports surfaced saying he was at TakeOver … and we’re told they offered the wrestler EVEN MORE money to re-sign — but right now, the Cowboy is just weighing out his options.
Talk about damn luck.