AJ Styles made an agreement last month to return to TNA Wrestling with Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows … but the company claims all three suddenly backed out at the last minute.
TNA released a statement stating they had been in “serious discussions” with AJ for months — Gallows and Anderson were later added to the mix — and the trio met with Dixie Carter at her home to sign the agreement on December 14th.
Sources close to the wrestlers acknowledge the deal, but note it was pending an official contract that would be agreed upon by all parties — which they don’t believe they received in a timely manner.
First talk of the Bullet Club brethren going to WWE was on January 4th though, less than one month later. It’s unclear when the wrestlers were supposed to have the TNA deal in their hands, but one close source says it was delivered before they all performed at NJPW‘s Wrestle Kingdom 10.
We’re told the plan was for AJ to return to TNA after the debut on Pop TV — with the other two wrestlers joining much later — and according to TNA’s site, they already had merch designed.
TNA Wrestling claims the group stopped responding, however, after they sent the finalized contract. A lawyer contacted them shortly after saying AJ and company had changed their mind.
A rep for Styles, Gallows and Anderson would only confirm that “no formal contract was ever signed.”
He had no further comment.
Latest posts by Ryan Satin (see all)
- Tammy Sytch — Mugshot Released From Probation Violation Arrest - September 26, 2016
- TJ Perkins — Retro Video Game-Style Entrance at Clash of Champions (VIDEO) - September 25, 2016
- Roman Reigns — Proclaims ‘I’m the Main Event’ After United States Title Win (VIDEO) - September 25, 2016